I’m itching to get a new workshop set up, but until then I have been playing about on my computer with some images. This is a new addition to my
‘Red HerRing’ collection. Meet FiRing. This very short animation (15seconds!) is made from a sequence of fast fire, still photographs using my camera firing cord, and a hefty chunk of time for this not so tech savvy silversmith!
FiRing from Emily Alice on Vimeo.
This silver ring is a handmade miniature ear trumpet mounted on a silver band.
a) deaf or partly deaf
as collective noun; preceded by the ): the hard of hearing
Collins English Dictionary – Complete & Unabridged 10th Edition
2009 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins
Tiring is simply a tire/tyre for your finger. Made from sterling silver with a blackened finish.
Tiring. Sterling silver. 2003
tire 1 (tr)
v. tired, tir·ing, tires
1. To grow weary.
2. To grow bored or impatient.
1. To diminish the strength or energy of; fatigue.
2. To exhaust the interest or patience of; bore.
tire 2 (tr)
1. A covering for a wheel, usually made of rubber reinforced with cords of nylon, fiberglass, or other material and filled with compressed air.
2. A hoop of metal or rubber fitted around a wheel.
tire 3 (tr) Archaic
tr.v. tired, tir·ing, tires
To adorn or attire.
2. A headband or headdress.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.